Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

To The Admins

Go down 
+6
NoelX2
Bluenose
Based Sonji
TheJubJub5721
Archduke
Orc
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

To The Admins Empty
PostSubject: To The Admins   To The Admins I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 7:31 pm

Please add these features:

*Deletion (The ability to delete your own posts) - Already put in place. The rest should hopefully be coming soon.

*Citation multiple (Ability to quote more than one user's post) - Added. Fast progress To The Admins 2505020059

*Thanking system (The ability to thank someone if you found their post useful) - Already put in place. Good progress so far! :)

*Banner update (Design team alternate to make a new banner every week or so based upon new game releases at the time , eg: La Noire)

*Forum Movement (Psp and ds will be put in their relevant company sections) Put in place.

*Rating system (Similar to youtube likes and dislikes, you can give a post a positive or negative response at the click of a button) added

*Awards system (Seperate from thanks, this are small medals shown on the profile of those with high post counts and/or exceptional behaviour)

Here are examples of what awards will be like (these are in alpha stages so they dont look amazing):
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

*Emoticons (New emotes will be put in place like this one: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Lykos on Sun May 15, 2011 12:08 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

To The Admins Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Admins   To The Admins I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 9:14 pm

I agree with Lykos. This forum is too bland right now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

To The Admins Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Admins   To The Admins I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 9:47 pm

I like the logo, we cannot have a crazy ass cluttered banner like XBR did. But I agree with most else.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

To The Admins Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Admins   To The Admins I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 11:09 pm

The chatbox will stay where it is.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

To The Admins Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

To The Admins Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Admins   To The Admins I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 11:13 pm

I moved the DS and PSP section to the Sony and Nintendo sections.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

To The Admins Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Admins   To The Admins I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 11:55 pm

I like the chatbox at the top. I would like miss it if its at the bottom.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

To The Admins Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Admins   To The Admins I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 7:33 am

See, since I made this post the forum has had 3 great improvements already. I should be an admin adviser. To The Admins 409191096

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
I like the logo, we cannot have a crazy ass cluttered banner like XBR did. But I agree with most else.

No I am not implying that we should have it cluttered but it should have at least one video game character in the background and every week or two it should be updated with a new character.

Examples:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

these aren't particularly great but I made all three of them in literally 10 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

To The Admins ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

To The Admins Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Admins   To The Admins I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 10:12 am

^That's a good idea.

Ability to quote multiple is by default on all forumotion websites, it will be activated as soon as the admins add a pic for the button. Since its so easy to get it working, it wouldn't be justifiable for the admins to take a long time.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

To The Admins Empty

To The Admins Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Admins   To The Admins I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 11:10 am

I'm moving this to the feed back section.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

To The Admins Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Admins   To The Admins I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 11:49 am

^
Cool okay. Would appreciate it if you could add most of these things. Would make the forum even better. And it is already frigging awesome.

Quote :
^That's a good idea.

Ability to quote multiple is by default on all forumotion websites, it will be activated as soon as the admins add a pic for the button. Since its so easy to get it working, it wouldn't be justifiable for the admins to take a long time.

:) True. It's really one of those useful features a forum needs, even if a lot of people don't use it, it's good for the few that do and once in a while it is kind of needed.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

To The Admins Empty

To The Admins Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Admins   To The Admins I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 11:54 am

I added the multi quote button.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

To The Admins ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

To The Admins Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Admins   To The Admins I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 11:56 am

Teckno wrote:

That just gave you a reputation over 0. Congratulations.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

To The Admins Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Admins   To The Admins I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 11:57 am

Teckno wrote:

You legend. :)

A lot of progress has been made in such a short time. I'm impressed. This forum is evolving fast.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

To The Admins Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Admins   To The Admins I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 12:36 pm

I think the chatbox should be moved to the bottom. The emphasis of the site should be the forum section, not the chatbox.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

To The Admins Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Admins   To The Admins I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 12:51 pm

How do you thank someone?
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

To The Admins Empty

To The Admins Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Admins   To The Admins I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 12:58 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
I think the chatbox should be moved to the bottom. The emphasis of the site should be the forum section, not the chatbox.

I agree. Especially people who don't frequent the chatbox look forward to new posts, which they come on here for. Those who do frequent the chatbox wont stop just because of a minor repositioning. I'll put it to the bottom.

BlackStigma wrote:

See that plus and minus sign under the delete, quote, multi quote, edit buttons? Click plus to thank.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

To The Admins Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Admins   To The Admins I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 1:01 pm

Teckno wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

I agree. Especially people who don't frequent the chatbox look forward to new posts, which they come on here for. Those who do frequent the chatbox wont stop just because of a minor repositioning. I'll put it to the bottom.

BlackStigma wrote:

See that plus and minus sign under the delete, quote, multi quote, edit buttons? Click plus to thank.

Oh yeah I've doing that, then how do some peoples comments turn grey?
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

To The Admins Empty

To The Admins Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Admins   To The Admins I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 1:03 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Teckno wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

BlackStigma wrote:

If it's been highly thanked, then it will turn grey.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

To The Admins Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Admins   To The Admins I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 3:46 pm

Teckno wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Teckno wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

BlackStigma wrote:

Did you get rid of the "thanks"?

I can't seem to see the icon.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

To The Admins Empty

To The Admins Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Admins   To The Admins I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 5:52 pm

Lykos wrote:
Teckno wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Teckno wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

BlackStigma wrote:

Did you get rid of the "thanks"?

I can't seem to see the icon.

I got rid of it because everyone complained it was unseeable. So we're just gonna use the reputation system.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

To The Admins Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Admins   To The Admins I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 12:43 am

Nice job implementing all this stuff so quickly, i must say i am impressed Teckno.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

To The Admins XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

To The Admins Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Admins   To The Admins I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 10:19 am

Reaper wrote:
Nice job implementing all this stuff so quickly, i must say i am impressed Teckno.
It's already installed into the forum, it really just needed to be enabled.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

To The Admins Empty

To The Admins Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Admins   To The Admins I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 2:30 pm

Shhhhh, TRF.

Allow the compliments to keep flowing.... Razz
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

To The Admins Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Admins   To The Admins I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 3:07 pm

TRF wrote:
Reaper wrote:
It's already installed into the forum, it really just needed to be enabled.

Is this true, Teckno?!
Son, I am disappoint!

Razz

Btw when are the design team going to make us new banners?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

To The Admins XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

To The Admins Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Admins   To The Admins I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 5:25 pm

Teckno wrote:
Shhhhh, TRF.

Allow the compliments to keep flowing.... Razz
What I meant to say is that it requires extensive knowledge of HTML and uber-coding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

To The Admins Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Admins   To The Admins I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To The Admins
Page 1 of 1