Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Santa Monica Studio Hit With Layoffs!

Go down 
+2
Mecha
yonny616
6 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Santa Monica Studio Hit With Layoffs! PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Santa Monica Studio Hit With Layoffs! Empty
PostSubject: Santa Monica Studio Hit With Layoffs!   Santa Monica Studio Hit With Layoffs! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 9:34 pm

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Santa Monica Studio Hit With Layoffs! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Studio Hit With Layoffs!   Santa Monica Studio Hit With Layoffs! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 9:53 pm

I blame Duke.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Santa Monica Studio Hit With Layoffs! XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Studio Hit With Layoffs!   Santa Monica Studio Hit With Layoffs! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 10:16 pm

Yeah, I don't see how you could blame anyone but Duke.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Santa Monica Studio Hit With Layoffs! ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Studio Hit With Layoffs!   Santa Monica Studio Hit With Layoffs! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 10:24 pm

Duke ruining everyone's lives.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Studio Hit With Layoffs!   Santa Monica Studio Hit With Layoffs! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 10:34 pm

Sony needs to get its shit together. The PS4 is guaranteed to sell, but they need some serious reorganization top to bottom. Sony recently killed the VAIO computer brand, so maybe they'll start selling/closing down all non profitable divisions, and stop bleeding money.

Honestly, if Japanese developers supported the PC more(which more are), id probably leave consoles all together. But for now i'm sticking with PC + PS. I'm sure Sony will get through this if they just chop some dead limbs off.

If it comes to the worst, Sony could sell the entire PlayStation brand off. Maybe to someone like Nintendo, or Sega Sammy.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Studio Hit With Layoffs!   Santa Monica Studio Hit With Layoffs! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 10:45 pm

I'd argue that a lot of Sony's problems are directly caused by Japan's broken economy.

They've been making a lot of changes recently, most notably they're targeting more high-end markets with their 4k camera phones and TVs.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Studio Hit With Layoffs!   Santa Monica Studio Hit With Layoffs! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 11:29 pm

I'd buy the Sony Xperia Z2 if it was on contract.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Studio Hit With Layoffs!   Santa Monica Studio Hit With Layoffs! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 11:43 pm

I wish I had a say at determining the fate of employees' jobs at a company. Sadly, I don't.

Sony is losing money left and right. The PlayStation brand is one of the few things that they really have left that is profitable and worth hanging onto. There's also the 4K TV's they sell. But, I don't think they make a ton of money off of that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Studio Hit With Layoffs!   Santa Monica Studio Hit With Layoffs! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 11:51 pm

Duke wrote:
I wish I had a say at determining the fate of employees' jobs at a company. Sadly, I don't.

Sony is losing money left and right. The PlayStation brand is one of the few things that they really have left that is profitable and worth hanging onto. There's also the 4K TV's they sell. But, I don't think they make a ton of money off of that.

They're dropping their lower quality TVs to focus on the big ones, so I imagine they're at least somewhat profitable.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Studio Hit With Layoffs!   Santa Monica Studio Hit With Layoffs! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 12:04 am

Sir Angelus the Revenant wrote:
Duke wrote:

They're dropping their lower quality TVs to focus on the big ones, so I imagine they're at least somewhat profitable.

Yeah, you're probably right. Most of the 4K TV's in see in stores like Best Buy and such are by Sony. (Picture quality is incredible BTW)
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Santa Monica Studio Hit With Layoffs!   Santa Monica Studio Hit With Layoffs! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Santa Monica Studio Hit With Layoffs!
Page 1 of 1