Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PlayStation 4, Xbox One to Sell 100 Million Units, Research Predicts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PlayStation 4, Xbox One to Sell 100 Million Units, Research Predicts Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: PlayStation 4, Xbox One to Sell 100 Million Units, Research Predicts   PlayStation 4, Xbox One to Sell 100 Million Units, Research Predicts I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 12:32 pm

PlayStation 4, Xbox One to Sell 100 Million Units, Research Predicts 468px-XboxPS4_110613_1280

Quote :
Video game industry research center DFC Intelligence anticipates that the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will both sell 100 million units by 2020.

The report, which DFC Intelligence shared with GamesIndustry International, also projects video game revenue over the next few years; the center raised its worldwide game revenue forecast to $77 billion this year, up from $68 billion in 2013. It also states that video game revenue could be in the neighborhood of $100 billion by the end of this decade, thanks to the “core gamer spending more than ever.”

DFC said that “price and strength in Europe give the PlayStation 4 a slight edge;” a difference that might also factor into the PlayStation 4 becoming the biggest console launch in history, though the Xbox One led console sales in December 2013.

The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One were released one week apart in November. The Nintendo Wii was the only system from the previous generation to hit the 100 million mark.

I think it could be possible considering this gen will most likely last longer than all the previous gens before it.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/11/playstation-4-xbox-one-to-sell-100-million-units-research-predicts

Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PlayStation 4, Xbox One to Sell 100 Million Units, Research Predicts Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 4, Xbox One to Sell 100 Million Units, Research Predicts   PlayStation 4, Xbox One to Sell 100 Million Units, Research Predicts I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 2:19 pm

Considering the PS4 is the fastest seling console in the UK, and is Sony's most successful console launch, I honestly am not surprised.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 4, Xbox One to Sell 100 Million Units, Research Predicts   PlayStation 4, Xbox One to Sell 100 Million Units, Research Predicts I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 2:38 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Considering the PS4 is the fastest seling console in the UK, and is Sony's most successful console launch, I honestly am not surprised.

Something tells me the 80-90 million mark is more realistic though.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PlayStation 4, Xbox One to Sell 100 Million Units, Research Predicts R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 4, Xbox One to Sell 100 Million Units, Research Predicts   PlayStation 4, Xbox One to Sell 100 Million Units, Research Predicts I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 7:49 pm

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PlayStation 4, Xbox One to Sell 100 Million Units, Research Predicts Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 4, Xbox One to Sell 100 Million Units, Research Predicts   PlayStation 4, Xbox One to Sell 100 Million Units, Research Predicts I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:44 am

http://n4g.com/news/1458930/ps4-sales-have-surpassed-5-3-million-units-according-to-sony
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 4, Xbox One to Sell 100 Million Units, Research Predicts   PlayStation 4, Xbox One to Sell 100 Million Units, Research Predicts I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 12:33 pm

How much does Sony make in profit off each console?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PlayStation 4, Xbox One to Sell 100 Million Units, Research Predicts R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 4, Xbox One to Sell 100 Million Units, Research Predicts   PlayStation 4, Xbox One to Sell 100 Million Units, Research Predicts I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 8:08 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 4, Xbox One to Sell 100 Million Units, Research Predicts   PlayStation 4, Xbox One to Sell 100 Million Units, Research Predicts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PlayStation 4, Xbox One to Sell 100 Million Units, Research Predicts
Page 1 of 1