Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next Call of Duty game is primarily developed for next-gen consoles

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Next Call of Duty game is primarily developed for next-gen consoles R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Next Call of Duty game is primarily developed for next-gen consoles Empty
PostSubject: Next Call of Duty game is primarily developed for next-gen consoles   Next Call of Duty game is primarily developed for next-gen consoles I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 2:00 pm

Next Call of Duty game is primarily developed for next-gen consoles 14267310

Quote :
Sledgehammer Games is working on the next Call of Duty, and according to Activision’s Eric Hirshberg, the game will be developed primarily for next-gen consoles.

In an interview with IGN, Activision’s publishing CEO, Eric Hirshberg, shed some light on how Sledgehammer is handling the development of the next Call of Duty.

“Sledgehammer is approaching this as a next-gen-first development.

“Obviously in the console-transition year, anyone who developed a cross-generational game last year had to deal with the fact that the technology of the next-gen platforms was still coming into focus and changing quite a bit during the development process…. Now that we have the next-gen hardware out in the marketplace and solid, that is our primary development,” he added.

This follows Activision-Blizzard’s latest financial report, during which they announced that the franchise will be handled by three studios going forward, Infinity Ward, Treyarch and now Sledgehammer.

The publisher also announced that each game will now be moved to a three-year development cycle, instead of the usual two-year cycle.

Hirshberg commented about that saying, “with the level of content we were putting in the games, it became a real horse race each and every time to get everything done that we wanted to get done, we’ve got more capabilities [with next-gen] than ever before to play with and we want to make sure our developers have the time to innovate, iterate, to bring the best creative vision and the most possible polish to each and every game.”

Do you expect this year’s Call of Duty to be better for it? Let us know your thoughts.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Next Call of Duty game is primarily developed for next-gen consoles Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Next Call of Duty game is primarily developed for next-gen consoles   Next Call of Duty game is primarily developed for next-gen consoles I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 2:10 pm

Next-Gen bird A.I Confirmed.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Next Call of Duty game is primarily developed for next-gen consoles   Next Call of Duty game is primarily developed for next-gen consoles I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 4:28 pm

Not surprising. The jump has to be made.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Next Call of Duty game is primarily developed for next-gen consoles   Next Call of Duty game is primarily developed for next-gen consoles I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 5:34 pm

If we can get dogs or other animals as full-playable characters in the next Call of Duty, I'll be interested.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Next Call of Duty game is primarily developed for next-gen consoles R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Next Call of Duty game is primarily developed for next-gen consoles   Next Call of Duty game is primarily developed for next-gen consoles I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 8:23 am

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Next Call of Duty game is primarily developed for next-gen consoles   Next Call of Duty game is primarily developed for next-gen consoles I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 6:27 pm

The next COD should be set in World War 2 again. That would be great.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Next Call of Duty game is primarily developed for next-gen consoles ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Next Call of Duty game is primarily developed for next-gen consoles   Next Call of Duty game is primarily developed for next-gen consoles I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 9:56 pm

Ukraine war.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Call of Duty game is primarily developed for next-gen consoles   Next Call of Duty game is primarily developed for next-gen consoles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Call of Duty game is primarily developed for next-gen consoles
Page 1 of 1