Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Games recommendation

Go down 
+6
Jack the Spectre
Bluenose
Archduke
Orc
ArchAngel
Stigma
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

Games recommendation Empty
PostSubject: Games recommendation   Games recommendation I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 11:12 pm

I got a PSP about 10 days ago but I'm not sure what to get. I know almost the entire 360/PS3 library but I'm pretty clueless once it comes to PSP games. So far I've got Patapon 3, Star Ocean: First Departure (something like that),Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, and am planning on getting Persona 1 Portable. Can anyone recommend me some good games? Preferable RPGs. Please Post Lykos.

Also, why is there a handheld section? The PSP forum should go under the Sony section and the DS one under the Nintendo one.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Games recommendation   Games recommendation I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 11:29 pm

If you have a PSP, BUY MGS PEACEWALKER. It isnt AWESOME. So much replayability, non confusing but great stroy and awesome gameplay.its a must buy for PSP owners

But other than that, id say Resistance Retribution.Great game and works very well on PSP(surprisingly).

I too recently got a PSP, about a few weeks ago I got the MGS peace walker bundle.So I havnt been able to play many games on it yet
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Games recommendation   Games recommendation I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 5:20 am

Crisis Core is fantastic, nice choice man.

There are quite a few decent rpgs.

Brave Story New Traveller is pretty sweet:
Games recommendation Brave%2BStory%2BNew%2BTraveler%2B%2528PSP%2529-3
Games recommendation 936full-brave-story%3A-new-traveler-screenshot

Valhalla Knights 1/2: (the VK games are extremely difficult when you start out, if you don't mind a challenge you should consider getting this although it's a bit of a dungeon crawler)
Games recommendation Valhalla_knights_2_image_1
Games recommendation Valhalla-knights-2-ss-9

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (or the new one portable 3rd): (next to crisis core, this is probably the best rpg on psp. It isn't a standard rpg wth regular levelling up, instead you upgrade your weapons and armour. There are literally hundreds of hours worth of gameplay in this game)
Games recommendation Mhp3rd_3mil_thumb
Games recommendation Monsterhunter3rd2

Breath of Fire 3: (you wont need to have played the previous games to enjoy this but that being said, there are loads of frustrating moments but if you can look past that, its got a great storyline. Only get this if you are a hardcore rpg gamer):
Games recommendation 2006-05-25-12-breath_of_fire_iii2
Games recommendation Breath_of_fire_iii_profilelarge

Gurumin: (I dont really know how to describe this game.. you really need to look at gameplay videos but its quite a cutesy adventure rpg type game)
Games recommendation 17
Games recommendation 000000000214367

Okay, if you want to know of more rpgs just ask and I can list you loads more Razz

Other great games you need to see:
Syphon Filter Logans Shadow/Dark Mirror:
Games recommendation Syphon_Filter_Dark_mirror_8

Resistance Retribution:
Games recommendation Resistance-retribution-20080715033220651_640w (uses the same engine as syphon filter though I think I prefer SF)

Littlebigplanet:
Games recommendation Little-big-planet-psp (its pretty much an excellent handheld iteration of the first game. It does lose a few things but the main elements are still preserved.

The Sims 2:
Games recommendation The-sims-2-psp-53805.324893 I'm not sure if you'll like it as much as I did but this is one of my all time favourite handheld games. It took the sims gameplay you know and love and added a free roaming environment and bizarre storyline. Games recommendation 2505020059 [there is also sims 2 castaway which is good too but sims 2 pets sucks]

GTA lcs/vcs:
Games recommendation Msw10
Lcs has a good storyline, likeable characters. Vcs has more gameplay features, its a bit like a smaller san andreas. (yep it has planes and heli's). You can also take over gangs buildings and convert them into businesses like prostitution, drug smuggling, etc

Mgs Peace Walker:
Games recommendation Mgs-peacewalker

I can go on but I don't want to overwhelm you Razz
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Games recommendation   Games recommendation I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 8:48 pm

Zeratul wrote:
If you have a PSP, BUY MGS PEACEWALKER. It isnt AWESOME. So much replayability, non confusing but great stroy and awesome gameplay.its a must buy for PSP owners

But other than that, id say Resistance Retribution.Great game and works very well on PSP(surprisingly).

I too recently got a PSP, about a few weeks ago I got the MGS peace walker bundle.So I havnt been able to play many games on it yet

I'm guessing MGS: peace Walker sucks then?

Get the patapon games and WTF (Work Time Fun)
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Games recommendation   Games recommendation I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 8:56 pm

I'd recommend Star Wars Battlefront PSP. Amazing game, with great graphics. You should most definitely get it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Games recommendation XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Games recommendation   Games recommendation I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 9:37 pm

Daxter
God of War: Chains of Olympus
God of War: Ghost of Sparta
Jeanne D'arc
Valkyria Chronicles II
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Persona 3 Portable
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Blazblue: Calamity Trigger
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
LittleBigPlanet
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Games recommendation   Games recommendation I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 10:16 pm

DukemNukem43 wrote:
Zeratul wrote:

Get the patapon games and WTF (Work Time Fun)

Lmao, I was gonna post something but just decided not to cause I knew what he meant. Yeah I've got Patapon 3 but WTF doesn't seem like my kinda thing.

Teckno wrote:
I'd recommend Star Wars Battlefront PSP. Amazing game, with great graphics. You should most definitely get it.
Oh right I should have said something, my brother's got a PSP too with Battlefront 1 and 2, GTA Vice City Stories (I think it's that one), and the Third Birthday.

Also, you should put in a multiquote button, it's kind of annoying to copy a quote and edit it in.

TRF wrote:
Daxter
God of War: Chains of Olympus
God of War: Ghost of Sparta
Jeanne D'arc
Valkyria Chronicles II
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Persona 3 Portable
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Blazblue: Calamity Trigger
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
LittleBigPlanet
I have Persona 3 FES on PS2 already. I'm thinking about getting VC2 and Tactics Ogre once they become cheaper. Not a big fan of Gow, and prefer getting multiplat franchises like Blazblue, LBP, and GTA on a console. I've been looking up stuff about Jeanne D'arc on the internets and it sounds really good so thanks for that.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Games recommendation   Games recommendation I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 10:35 pm

WTF: Work Time Fun.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Games recommendation XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Games recommendation   Games recommendation I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 6:49 am

BlackStigma wrote:
I have Persona 3 FES on PS2 already. I'm thinking about getting VC2 and Tactics Ogre once they become cheaper. Not a big fan of Gow, and prefer getting multiplat franchises like Blazblue, LBP, and GTA on a console. I've been looking up stuff about Jeanne D'arc on the internets and it sounds really good so thanks for that.
I can understand Blazblue and LBP on consoles, but don't skip on Chinatown Wars. It's got the classic isometric GTA gameplay that you can't find on consoles.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Games recommendation   Games recommendation I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 9:04 am

Teckno wrote:

Yeah but only the newest one.

Though I hate the choppy animation and really muddy visuals.

ALSO THIS IS IMPORTANT!!

TO OP

http://www.rpgfan.com/pics-psp.html

HERE YOU CAN HAVE A LOOK AT MOST PSP RPGS!!

and here are other games I should have mentioned:

Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Games recommendation   Games recommendation I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 12:23 am

Lol just listen to Lykos.

BUt you should get Ys. Thats fun.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Games recommendation   Games recommendation I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 12:28 am

I was thinking about getting Ys, but my Gamestop only had one of the games, and it was 40 bucks. So I got Star Ocean First Departure for 15 instead cause I've never played a Star Ocean game before. I tried Knight in the Nightmare, but oh god those tutorials were brutal so I returned it.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Games recommendation   Games recommendation I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 2:11 am

lol my mistake guys, I mean IS awesome, not isnt
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Games recommendation   Games recommendation I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 7:25 am

ArcanaOfB3ast wrote:
Lol just listen to Lykos.

Games recommendation 2505020059 Yes! Listen to me!!!!
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Games recommendation   Games recommendation I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 6:23 pm

Think i am going to wait or the NGP instead, dont like the idea of gaming with just one analogue stick.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Games recommendation   Games recommendation I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 6:34 pm

Disgaea Afternoon of Darkness

Games recommendation Disgaea-afternoon-of-darkness-20071030045339593-000

Games recommendation Psp_disgaea_afternoon_of_darkness_screenshot_003

Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Games recommendation   Games recommendation I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 11:00 pm

[quote="Duke"]
Zeratul wrote:

quote]

NEVER EVEN JOKE ABOUT THAT.
PEACE WALKER IS ONE OF THE GREATEST HANDHELD GAMES OF ALL TIME!
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Games recommendation   Games recommendation I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 3:39 pm

[quote="Lykos"]
Duke wrote:
Zeratul wrote:

quote]

NEVER EVEN JOKE ABOUT THAT.
PEACE WALKER IS ONE OF THE GREATEST HANDHELD GAMES OF ALL TIME!
Zeratul wrote:
lol my mistake guys, I mean IS awesome, not isnt
Just to let you know.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Games recommendation   Games recommendation I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 12:30 am

Didn't expect this thread to be revived. Speaking of which, other than Persona 2 I haven't played my PSP in MONTHS. And I only put about 6 hours into Persona 2. The encounter rate and the loading are fucking horrendous. You literally run into a battle every 5 steps and you always have to wait anywhere from 5 - 15 seconds for the battle to load. Atlus fucked this one up bad. Anime cliches aside, they did a pretty damn good job on Devil Survivor 2 on the DS, of which I have 76 hours on.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Games recommendation   Games recommendation I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 2:42 am

I don't think this thread has anymore purpose. Locked for unnecessary revival.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games recommendation   Games recommendation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Games recommendation
Page 1 of 1